Under the direction of Angela and Todd Leonhardt, Divine Steel is a community steel drum band made up of talented young people ranging in age from twelve to sixteen years old. Four adults round out the sixteen member steel band. Not affiliated with a local school district, members represent Hamilton City Schools, Fairfield City Schools, Ross Local Schools, LaSalle High School, Princeton High School, Sacred Heart of Jesus School, St. Joseph Consolidated School and Home-School.
Home-based at Rolling Hills Baptist Church on Pleasant Avenue in Fairfield, Ohio, Divine Steel enjoys an active performance schedule entertaining audiences of fifty to two thousand people.
Over the past five years, Divine Steel has performed at the:
· Ohio Valley Festival of Steel, Steubenville, Ohio
· Pan Rocks Steel Concert, Akron, Ohio
· Summit County Steel Festival, Akron, Ohio – performance with Harry Belafonte
· Operation Pumpkin, Hamilton
· Rivers Edge amphitheater, Hamilton’s Fourth of July Celebration
· Waterford Retirement Home, Fairfield
· Rolling Hills Baptist Church, Fairfield
· Graeters Ice Cream, West Chester
Oscar Event Center, Jungle Jim's International Market, Fairfield
City of Hamilton Rotary Club
Germania Society, Kristkindlmarkt Celebration
And many more....
Our Most Notable Performance to Date:
The 2015 International PANfest Competition in Virginia Beach, Virginia
We earned a Gold Medal
1st Place in the Community Group Division
and, Overall Runner-Up out of 24 competing bands!